2) Complete the discussion questions in your English book. You need to rule a margin, write a heading and use neat writing. You can either write the questions in red then answer in blue, or use part of the question in your answer.
We have been focusing on descriptive language in class.
Imagine you are slowly regaining conciousness. You have no memory of what has happened before. You hear many strange and different sounds around you. It doesn’t smell like home.
You slowly open your eyes and see…?
As a post, write a description of what you see as you open your eyes. The picture below is your view from where you have awoken.
Your challenge is as follows:
You live right near Apollo Parkways PS and want to go to the movies in the city. To get there you need to catch public transport to the city and then return home the same way.
You need to research (using movie and public transport timetables) the following:
1. Where do you catch the public transport from?
2. What time will you catch the public transport?
3. What time will you arrive in the city?
4. Where will you exit the public transport?
5. What movie will they be seeing and where will you see it?
6. What time does the film start?
7. What time (approximately) does the film finish?
8. Where from and what time will you leave the city on public transport?
9. Where and what time will you arrive home?
To complete this task you will need to create an itinerary for the trip. Your itinerary should include times, locations and the plan for the day’s events. You need to take into account the time it would take to move from one place to another (eg: from the public transport to the movie theatre).
You can use your iPad to do your research and you can complete you itinerary in your Maths book.
Work out an itinerary for a day out into the city. You need to visit two of the following locations:
Old Melbourne Gaol
You also need to visit Southbank for lunch.
On your ipad in pages, create a timetable of your day including travel time, the duration you will be at each location and all costs involved.