This website is a fantastic resource for your integrated project. It tells you the top three birthplaces for immigrants in suburbs and towns across Australia.
As your completed the first SNMY task, Tables and Chairs, you developed your mathematical skills and strived to answer the questions by…
This week we have another task, Butterfly House
Each year on April 25th we commemorate ANZAC Day. This year is significant as it is the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipoli.
What does ANZAC Day mean to you and your family? What did you and your family do this year to commemorate ANZAC Day? Did you attend the dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance or take part in a local march? What have you learnt about ANZAC Day and its importance in Australia? Write your response as a comment.
1. What are some ways that ANZAC Day is commemorated?
2. What does ANZAC stand for?
3. Why is ANZAC Day on April 25th each year?
4. How many ANZAC’s were killed or wounded at Gallipoli?
5. How long were the ANZAC’s and their allies at Gallipoli?
6. What is significant about Alec Campbell?
7. What has Gallipoli become a symbol of in Australia?
8. Why are ANZAC Day services held at dawn?
9. Why were ANZAC biscuits created?
10. Other than Gallipoli where were some other places that Australians have fought?
This year is the 100th anniversary of ANZAC Day, an important day in Australia. To gain a greater understanding of the importance of ANZAC Day you will be completing the three tasks linked below over the next week. Your teacher will let you know when and where you will be completing each task.
Image from: www.araratrsl. com.au